Cornell School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Please Create A Marquee
Food Services » Building for the Future with CACFP (Afterschool Dinner Availability)

Building for the Future with CACFP (Afterschool Dinner Availability)

Cornell School District offers the At-Risk Aftershool Meals component of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for afterschool programs that serve a meal or snack to school-age children in low-income areas.
If your child stays after school for any type of program, they are eligible to receive dinner that is served between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM in the cafeteria.  Participation is open to all students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
The district receives Federal funding for serving nutritious meals. The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), and agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) oversees CACFP.
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or 
  3. email: [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.